Terms & Conditions
See the table below to understand what’s ahead. By browsing our website you are in agreement with the below.
|1. Who we Are
6. Posting Restrictions
7. Use of Posted Materials
8. Modification and Removal of Posted Materials
10. No Support For Software
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
14. Limitation of Liability
15. Use of Passwords
18. Reporting Violations
Who We Are
ArtsOpportunities is a service of the Center for Arts Management and Technology (CAMT), an applied research center at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.
Back to top
The terms “we” and “us” as used herein refer to ArtsOpportunities. The terms “you” and “user” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this website for any reason.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service and any policies affecting the website. Any modification is effective as of the beginning of the calendar month following the earlier of:
- The posting of the changes or new terms of service of this website;
- The distribution via electronic mail of the changes or new terms of service; or
- The distribution by conventional mail of the changes or new terms of service.
- Your continued use of the website more than 30 days following the effective date of any modification to these Terms of Service shall be conclusively deemed an acceptance of all such modification(s).
Our purpose is to permit our users to post and review postings of arts-related opportunities including, but not limited to, employment, internships, film festivals, and competitions. See Exhibit “A.” Our primary goal is to facilitate the exchange and availability of this information for organizations and individuals primarily located in the United States.
Subject to the provisions of “5” and “6” below, you may post opportunities on this website. Subject to the provisions of “5” below, you may post your resume. By following the procedures provided on the website, you may post opportunities without posting your own identifying or contact information, in which case, we will take commercially reasonable steps to forward any inquiries on to you.
You agree to the following restrictions:
- You will not reprint, republish or distribute in any way, any information or materials found on our website.
- You will not use any of the information on our website for sending emails or for solicitation purposes or for any other purposes involving solicitation in any way.
- You will not provide to us or post on our website any information that is incorrect, such as an incorrect name, address, email address or any other incorrect information in a resume or otherwise.
- You will not post any information that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- You will not access data not intended to be accessed by users of the site or attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our site or attempt to interfere with any service available on our site, change postings of others on our site, take other actions which impose an unreasonable or disproportionate load on our site, send unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, to addresses obtained from our site, forge any email address, newsgroup or name in connection with this site and/or use a password, name or identification which is not your own in accessing our site.
- You will not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way used on our website.
- You will not post any materials on our site in violation of any other party’s rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or privacy and publicity rights.
In connection with posting opportunities, you will not:
- Post any information that is not correct;
- Post any opportunities that require performance in a film or video that if rated by the film rating board of the Classification and Rating Administration would be rated above “R” or that involves any excessive nudity or illegal activity.
- Post any opportunities that require any payment for any kind of employment, multilevel marketing, franchise or business opportunity. Reasonable and customary payments to participate in events for which it is common and expected to pay an upfront amount such as for competitions, conferences, trade shows, exhibition opportunities, film and video festivals, art competitions, showcase opportunities, workshops and seminars and the like are permitted.
- Post any opportunities that are not “arts related.” “Arts related” means that the opportunity either involves work in an art or talent related capacity or work for an organization or company that provides art related products or services. For example, the work of a graphics designer for a retail establishment would be considered “arts related.” Likewise, a secretarial position for a film producer would also be considered “arts related.” On the other hand, a secretarial position for a retail establishment would not qualify as “arts related.”
Use of Posted Materials and Release of Privacy and Publicity Rights
You represent and warrant to us that you own or control all proprietary rights, including copyrights, (or otherwise have authority to post materials and grant the rights set forth herein) and have obtained full privacy and publicity rights releases relating to all materials that you post on our website and you grant to us the right to modify any materials that you post and use, copy, distribute, display and perform the originals and modifications of all such materials and represent and warrant to us that the license you are granting to us is effective and that we are authorized to take all such actions.
Use of Posted Materials and Release of Privacy and Publicity Rights
We reserve the right to modify and/or remove any materials that you or any other person posts at any time without notice or cause.
We reserve the right to cancel your right to use the website or post arts opportunities and/or bar your further use of our website at any time without notice or cause.
No Support For Software
We offer some files in common Adobe Acrobat format and may offer other files in other common formats. We do not offer technical support for any third party software including, but not limited to, Adobe Reader.
You are responsible for all of your own submissions including any violations of privacy and publicity rights and/or copyrights.
We reserve the right to and may screen postings for apparent violations of these Terms of Service at our discretion. Notwithstanding that we reserve such right, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for screening any of the postings on our site and cannot vouch for their accuracy.
This includes both resumes and arts opportunities. As any review we may provide would be cursory at best, it would be unreasonable for you to rely on any review by us for any purpose. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of any materials submitted and taking precautions regarding the individual and/or entities with which you are dealing.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, SERVICES, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE HEREIN OR ACCESSED BY MEANS HEREOF) ARE PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF WE OR ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF US AND OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, ACTUALLY PAID FOR USE OF THE SITE AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE US AND OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THIS LIMITATION.
Responsibility for Use of Passwords
Once you choose an identity and a password, you are responsible for all uses of that identity and password.
You acknowledge that we have not reviewed the content of all sites linked to or from our website and that we are not responsible for the content of any of those sites and do not take responsibility for them or endorse them.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, and our directors, officers, employees and representatives, harmless from any and all losses resulting from claims that you may assert, including our attorney fees, based on or relating to your use, or the use of any individual using your password, of this website.
You further agree to indemnify and hold us, and our directors, officers, employees and representatives, harmless from any and all losses resulting from claims of third parties, including, but not limited to, attorney fees, that result in whole or in part from violations by you, or any individual using your password, of any of the terms of this Agreement.
If you become aware that any other person is violating any of the terms and conditions of this website, please notify us immediately.
Back to top
The terms of this agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania and the United States applicable to contracts to be wholly performed in Pennsylvania. ANY ACTION BASED ON OR ALLEGING A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN A STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN FULTON COUNTY, GEORGIA. IN ANY SUCH ACTION, IF WE PREVAIL, WE SHALL BE ENTITLED TO ALSO RECOVER OUR LEGAL FEES AND COSTS.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to this website. Failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms of Service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. You are prohibited from engaging in, suggesting or encouraging illegal activity in connection with our website and we will cooperate with law enforcement officials as appropriate.
In the event that any portion of these Terms of Service is held unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the provision shall remain in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service please contact us.